Dental Bridge in Turkey
Patients that have missing teeth can have them back with dental bridges. These artificial teeth close up the gap created by single or multiple lost teeth. A pontic is the name of the false tooth. It is held in by two crowns and functions as an anchorage by bonding to the teeth on both sides covering up the open space. Support for dental bridges can come from natural teeth or dental implants.
We at Smile Works Turkey pride ourselves on our ability to perform meticulously the procedure for installing dental bridges using highly advanced methods. This way, the teeth can do all it should do naturally. Should you care for and maintain your dental bridges, you can enjoy them for many years.
What are the dental bridge types?
- Conventional fixed dental bridge: Here, a lost tooth is restored by positioning an artificial tooth in the middle of two porcelain crowns - one on either side. This type of dental bridge works for the restoration of a single or multiple teeth.
- Cantilever dental bridge: For parts of the mouth that don't experience too much pressure, such as the front teeth, this type of dental bridge is applied. The need for a cantilever bridge is when there's just one-ended support for artificial teeth. However, only a small number of teeth are restored.
- Resin-bonded dental bridge: Missing front teeth are restored with a resin type of dental bridge. They are also called Maryland dental bridges. Here there is zero to little prep. The artificial teeth will be attached to fittings made from metal or ceramic, which are rigidly fixed to the abutment teeth using resin. The fittings are so clear such that the porcelain resembles the original teeth.
- Implant supported dental bridge: A great replacement for lost teeth are implants. The dentist will install the implant in the bone connected to the tooth root. As the bone and implant bonds, a crown is used for restoration. Where multiple teeth is lost, an implant-supported bridge can come in handy. Where there are no teeth on either dental arches, the dentist will install an implant upon which implant-supported bridge would stay firmly.
If you are considering any of these dental bridges in Turkey, you should come straight to us. Our dentist will give you more education on how these dental appliances work.
How is a dental bridge installed?
- First, the dentist examines the teeth around the empty socket and takes an X-ray of them to determine whether the roots and the teeth are in good health.
- Next is to prep the opposite tooth and take digital scans. In the meantime, the patient is given a non-permanent restoration.
- Instead of taking manual impressions of the teeth that certain patients may be nervous about, a portable digital device will be used to scan the teeth. Following that, the digital image is sent to the lab, where the technicians may start designing the bridge at once.
- When the bridge is ready, it is installed after removing the temporary restoration. This happens during the second dental appointment.
Aftercare for a dental bridge
A better looking and functional dental bridge can be achieved in the following number of ways:
- Keep your mouth in tip-top health by brushing twice daily using a fluoride toothpaste
- Floss your teeth every day to remove food debris that hangs between your teeth
- Go visit the dentist for a deep teeth cleaning on a 6-month basis
- Eat a healthy diet packed with fibre, fruits and veggies
If you would like to have your missing teeth replaced by bridges, contact our team for dental bridges Istanbul. Call us on 020 7183 8026 to schedule an appointment for your dental bridge.
Dental bridges FAQs